TYPE OF PRESENTATION – ORAL, COMMENTED POSTER AND E-POSTER
Only papers related to Breast Cancer that have not been published shall be accepted.
Each paper shall point out the preferred type of presentation whether oral, commented poster or e-poster.
Communicate if it is a case report.
Typing of the abstract:
- Use line spacing of 1 with Font 10 (Times New Roman). Leave 1.5 cm margins both sides and justify the text.
- Maximum number of words: 300 (Title, authors, Institution and Key words are not included).
- Do not use paragraphs. In the event of using abbreviations and acronyms, explain them at the first time they are used in the text. Do not start sentences with numbers.
- Do not use tables or charts. They might be exhibited on the day of the oral presentation or in the poster text.
- Text division must obey the following order: title; authors; institution; objectives; methodology; results; conclusion; key words. For case reports, there is no need to follow such structure.
- 8 authors (maximum) are allowed (one author and seven co-authors) per paper.
- The author who submits the paper must be registered in the Event.
- The presenting author must be registered in the Event.
- Authors shall be mentioned by their first and last names, separating authors using comma. E.g.: Antônio B. Silva, Fábio Gomes Santos.
- Institution where the study has been carried out without abbreviation
- Abstracts shall be written ONLY in ENGLISH
Papers shall be submitted through the site www.bbcs.org.br Click on Participant’s area.
Deadline for paper submission: April 3, 2022.
The Judging Committee will only select papers that are relevant to the scientific community.
The Scientific Committee shall evaluate all the papers approving or not their presentation. Due to space limitations for the presentations, the Committee also has the right to relocate certain papers from one session to another, depending on time and space availability.
Authors of selected papers shall be notified in advance by email.
The best papers shall be selected for oral presentation pursuant to the judgment of the Scientific Committee. The others shall be presented in a commented poster and e-poster format during a particular session.
Each oral presentation will last ten (10) minutes for the paper presentation, followed by a five-minute panel discussion, with questions from the audience.
Each commented poster presentation shall have a 3-minute presentation, followed by a discussion or comments made by the panel.
The presentations will be previously recorded according to the schedule made by the organization.
The content of approved papers shall be only in ENGLISH whereas the speech during the presentation can given in PORTUGUESE.
In the case of a poster, it must be recorded in accordance with the organization’s guidelines and sent in video and audio format with 3 explanatory minutes. In this modality we will not have an appointment and the presenter author must record alone.
Papers that do not comply with the above mentioned instructions shall be automatically excluded and not published.
The best study will receive the ”Professor José Aristodemo Pinotti” award, which grants the amount of R$ 12.000,00 (twelve thousand reais) destined to the group of the main author to use specifically for the expenses related to the publication in a scientific journal; it will be paid upon acceptance of the study and its presentation. The second best study will receive the ”Professor Carlos Inácio de Paula” award, which will grant the amount of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais) destined to the group of the main author to use specifically for the expenses related to the publication in a scientific journal; it will be paid upon acceptance of the study and its presentation.
The award ”Professor Claudio Kemp” (Young Researcher) aims at fostering young researchers. Papers whose main authors are under the age of 35 are eligible to participate. Therefore, it is essential to inform the age of the presenter author during the registration of the paper. Papers presented orally or in a poster format shall compete equally. The best paper under this category will be awarded with a registration for the event Jornada Paulista de Mastologia – JPM 2022.
We will also have the award ”UniCentro Br” is intended for the best paper on research conducted in Brazil and whose presenting author is up to 45 years old on the day of abstract submission. The best paper under this category shall receive R$ 5,000.00 (five thousand reais), it will be paid upon acceptance of the study and its presentation.
21.1 Study methodology:
- Systematic review of randomized studies with or without meta-analysis – Molecular – Studies in “omics” (Genomics, Transcriptome, Proteome);
- Randomized experimental studies – Molecular – Functional studies (in vitro / in vivo);
- Cohort studies – Molecular – Identification of biomarkers (with validation methodology);
- Case-control, ecological and cross-sectional studies;
- Case series – Molecular – Descriptive studies without validation or without control group
- Case report;
- Expert opinions.
21.2 Research Ethics:
- Approval by an Ethics committee;
- No need for a research Ethics committee under resolution 466;
- No description or evaluation by an Ethics committee.
21.3. Study design/presentation:
- Proper description of the study with clear, replicable methodology, consistent results and adequate conclusion, compatible with the data presented. Clinical Trials, Rebec or use of Equator methodology approved;
- Proper description of the study with clear, replicable methodology, consistent results and adequate conclusion, compatible with the data presented;
- Proper description of the study, but with poor methodology, consistent results and adequate conclusion, compatible with the data presented;
- Proper description of the study, but with a poor methodology (not replicable). Results and/or conclusions not suitable for the data;
- Severe flaws in the introduction, methodology, results and conclusions;
- Not applicable. Methodology and results not described.
- Unpublished – new concept interpretation;
- Ratifies a known concept, but with optional use;
- Ratifies the classic concept of everyday use;
- Does not introduce a new concept.
21.5. Clinical/social relevance:
- In the study subgroup, in clinical practice and/or social practice;
- In the study subgroup;
- Without clinical applicability or does not fit.
- Awards are not cumulative.
- All approved papers shall be published at the Mastology Journal.